Monday, August 16, 2010

Trying to be better

I want to be a better mom.
I want to be a better follower of Christ.
I want to be a better wife, sister, daughter, friend.

And yet I still snap at my kids.
I forgo my devotions for a trip to Target.
I get angry with my husband when he forgets, just once, to empty the garbage at night.

I fail miserably. Daily, it seems.

But, there's something in the "wanting".
I think the day I decide I don't want any of those things any more is the day I'm truly in trouble


So, I continue to strive. I go to bed each night with hopes for a new day tomorrow: a day with fruitful conversations with my children. A day of revelation from His word in a way I had never seen before. A day when I think of myself last and others first and give what I can to help them.

I continue to try.
Because when I continue to try, breakthroughs happen. Changes happen. Character is transformed and knowing God gets sweeter.

Here's to tomorrow.

---Kristin

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the hymn that says "Lord, I want to be a Christian in my heart"!
    Thank God He knows our heart!

    ReplyDelete