Yesterday was an interesting day.
I found out a childhood friend of mine lost her father to cancer.
Our radiator broke in our van and left Nate and the boys stranded across town.
I went on a walk and saw someone's driveway with the "Round the Clock Drainmasters" truck sitting in it.
All of us had something in common yesterday: things did not turn out how we planned them.
We don't plan on being in our early thirties and having our dad die.
We don't look at our monthly budget and think to ourselves "Let's see....Monday would be a good day to have the car break down and need major work done on it...."
And, from previous experience, no one plans on having the toilet back up to the point of no return.
We all have things happen in life that are unexpected. Sure, there are those great unexpected finds: "Five dollars in a pair of jeans!" or "I lost 3 pounds? Overnight??" or "Hey, I found a extra frozen pizza in the freezer--no making supper tonight!"
But, it seems the changes that hit us hardest are the unpleasant ones.
I want to be able to look at those changes and remind myself, over and over again, that the Lord foresees all these changes in my plans, my day, my life's adventures. And not only does He foresee these things, He has allowed them.
To refine me.
To challenge me.
To glorify Himself.
I pray that when changes occur, I look past the initial shock and look to Him. To Him who controls all things.
And who knows what is best for us.
No matter what that might be.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment