Monday, July 19, 2010

Starting a Graditude List

Here it is a Monday again!  The start of a new week, a new chance to show God's grace to those around me.  A new opportunity to be reminded of the grace I have received.

I have always been one who struggled with trying to NOT naturally find the bad in everything. I have even thought "Is it possible to LEARN to be more grateful or do I just resign to having a "Wednesday child" personality?"  (you know, "Wednesday's child is full of woe")  Hubby says I would have made a very good architect or inspector because I can walk in and find the one little spot he missed in the freshly painted room! 

Anyway, is it possible to learn gratitude?

Yes it is!

But it's definitely not something that will happen overnight. 

One of the books I've read this summer is Nancy Leigh DeMoss' Choosing Gratitude.  It is a very good book and I would especially recommend it if you have the tendency to see the glass as 'half empty' instead of 'half full'.  At the end of Nancy's book is a 30 Day Devotional Guide to Grow in Gratitude - she also has a gratitude challenge on her website you can find here.

I've finished the book but have held off on starting the Challenge at the end because I wanted to wait until the kids went back to school next month.  But this morning I was pulled to Ann's site, intrigued once again by her Gratitude Community

I guess the Lord is calling me to start it NOW and not wait. 

So without further adieu....thanks God.



My Gradtitude List
1.  God pushing me to start a gratitude list TODAY (7/19/10).

2.  A fun weekend with the kids.

3.  Safety for Rick and his dad traveling this past weekend and for the opportunity they had to help a motorcyle accident that involved a pastor.

4.  My hard-working husband who loves to help people.

5.  A church who lets me sing in front of people.  haha  Won't ever get over this one!! 

6.  People's faithfulness in ministry despite the hardships.

7.  Gifts/talents God has given me and the opportunity to use them.

8.  Kids who pray by themselves before eating lunch.

9.  People who accept and love me for who I am, despite my sometimes prickly exterior.

10.  Friends to laugh with and get encouragement from to face life's trials once again.


If you would like to join the Gratitude Community, click below.  Otherwise check out Nancy's challenges in the links above.

And, THANKS for stopping by! 






holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment