My husband has been talking lately about wanting to find a mentor for business ideas, practices, etc. His longing stirs up in me the void I've felt for a long time - the lack of an older woman (or women) who I can look up to and who reach out to me in a Titus 2 sort of way.
I used to have quite a few in my life but have now been in a sort of 'drought' for 3 years. There were even a couple of 'em I tried to reach out to earlier this year but they, like many of us, suffer from the busyness of our society and didn't seem to catch my hints of wanting to get together to glean info from them (some of which were not so sutle!). haha I have found some online resources that have taken the place of a real person for now. But I will say that online recordings don't really measure up to a living, breathing person sitting across the table from you!
So, you may be saying, ok, so what? Yeah, boo hoo for you, Amy. Not. haha Well, my being grateful for all things during my 30 day challenge is that in this drought I have had time to develop a good relationship with a younger gal (I'm an 'older woman' to some ya know) and have been able to develop my mentoring chops a bit. I've been able to help this younger woman learn to focus more on God, manage her life with less chaos, and grow in the spiritual disciplines. Is she perfect now? Well of course not! But...neither am I! So we go through the process together, creating community and growing in love so we can better allow God's love to shine through us. And that is definitely something to be grateful for. :)
So, if you are lacking an 'older woman' to teach you to live the Titus 2 way, why not reach out or speak up - be bold and ask someone to come alongside you. What's the worst that can happen? They'd say no? Well let me tell you it's not so bad if they do. You can always ask someone else OR you can start looking around for what YOU can teach to a younger gal!
No comments:
Post a Comment