Well, she's back.
The Ugly, Angry, Prego Momma side of me.
I hate that lady.
She's so whiney. And crabby. And angry.
About the little things.
About things she's had to say what seems like 1,000 times during the day.
About stuff laying around.
About feeling crummy.
It's ugly.
I was really hoping to miss out on seeing this gal again for this last time of being pregnant.
But no.
She's reared her ugly head again. And I'm sure I'll be seeing her again tomorrow night. And the next night. And the next.
See, she usually shows up at night when I start feeling yucky. And because hubby has grown accustomed to doing whatever he needs to (sometimes it feels like 'whatever he'd like to' but I know better) during the evening hours so I end up here wrestling with her all alone. That angry wench.
Well, not quite all alone.
There's Someone else here to help me.
But she's strong. She's nasty. And she's A-N-G-R-Y!
But He is stronger. And He is faithful. He will help get me through. And He will forgive me if/when I let her win.
Psalm 16
Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.
I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."
As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.
The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips.
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Oh sweet sister in Christ,
ReplyDeleteHang on to that strong Saviour - I identify with your challenge. I am due in 8 days, and my ugly nemesis seems to come out during the final months of my pregnancy too! Thank you for your honest post, which has reminded me again, to call on My God too.
I'll pray for you...
Love in Christ, Jo