Monday, October 25, 2010

Gratitude?

I'm still on my way to listing 1000 Gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience.

Well I survived California and even had some fun while there.  My kids will NOT remember Mommy feeling super-sick while on our trip, thankfully.  I am, however, extremely behind in my blogging now because I have been gone and also so tired from being gone.  I have nothing scheduled ahead to post after tomorrow.  And this week brings a number of deadlines for different projects at the clinic, at church, and for me personally.  So if I disappear for a bit it's not because I don't love you.  xoxo

I titled this entry "Gratitude?" because I have been struggling with being thankful for my 'all-day-long' sickness in this first trimester.  It has worn me down enough that I have begun to grow very weary of it.  I did some figuring last night....I usually get work done after the kids go to bed.  So every night from 9:30 or so until 12:00 (sometimes later) I get things picked up around here, work on the computer, etc.  But lately I have had to get horizontal way earlier than that - like 10:00 or so - due to gagging so hard I am about barfing all over.  Two hours a night for five nights a week figures out to losing 10 hours of 'work time' a week.  Gee, no wonder I'm stressed out about all that has to get done by Friday AND I'm behind in my blogging AND the house is a mess.  Pray for me, dear ones, that this sickness stuff ends in a couple weeks (when I'm at 12 weeks).   
111.  For still being pregnant (again).  I have another good friend who announced her pregnancy but is concerned of a miscarriage.  She is four weeks behind me.

112.  For safe travels to and from California.

113.  For the wisdom to buy a seat for Little Man on the way home from Cali.  He is definitely NOT a lap child, despite only being 1.

114.  For Sugar Free Jolly Ranchers and little oyster/soup crackers.  Sometimes those are the only things that get me through a gaggy evening.

115.  For the opportunity to go to Legoland before my Lego-maniac had 'aged out' of most of the rides there.  I didn't realize how 'baby-ish' the rides would be. 

116.  For my mom and all her energy to have been along to Cali.  What great memories with Grandma.

117.  Being able to return to serving on worship team at our church after a couple months off because of that cabin.

118.  Friends who are honest with me.

119.  An opportunity to mentor someone and grow myself along the way.

120.  A beautiful fall here in SD.



You can also read my complete gratitude list here.





holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment